CalendarSunday 23 September 2018
Name-dayBogusława, Tekli, Boguchwały
Sport and Tourism
Sports play an important role in the local activity of the city. In Chełmża seven sport clubs exist, which are:
1. The Tourists Sports Club "Textile Worker - Włókniarz”
Włókniarz has been established in 1999 and has two fields of activities during the summer, sailing and kayaking. Platforms and kayaks are present and serve kayak and sailor groups from different clubs as well as tourists arriving with their own equipment. A sub structure of Włókniarz is the Schoolboy Sport Club “Student”, which has accomplished successes in kayak polo in the country and the region.
2. “Rowing Company 1927 - Towarzystwo Wioślarskie 1927”
3. Soccer Club "Legia”
4. Boxing Club "Drive On - Pogoń”
5. Modelling Club “Combat”
6. The interschool Karate Club "Chełmża”
7. The “Angling Wheels - Koła Wędkarskie”
The city furthermore provides two sport centers for exercising sports. These are
• Sports Hall "Spectecular" (Hallera street 19, tel. 0-56 / 675 65 93)
• Municipal Stadium, Maja street 18, tel. (0-56) 675-36-55
Through the city run three tourist routes, which are possible to conduct on foot or by bicycle:
1. The yellow route runs through Papowo Bishop - Bielczyny - Chełmża. It has a total length of 10,4 km.
Click the map to view the routes.
Archidiakonka – The Lake
The Chełmża lake is called Archidiakonka and covers 299 hectare. Several sorts of fish exist in it, such as walleye, pike, perch, bream, roach and carp. Big carps and trout are the specialty of the lake.
These different sorts of fish make the lake attractive for fishery. At Archidiakonka one can take part in unique adventure fishing camps, which aim at catching big carps. One can obtain fishing permission at the Municipality's Polish Angling Relationship at Bł. Jute street 4, tel. 0-56 / 675-30-45 or 0-56 / 675 20 51.
The tourist attractiveness of Chełmża mainly lies in the value of the lake, which is the biggest in the Toruń district. The surface is about 299 ha and it stretches itself over a length of 6,100 m. It is approximately 27 meters deep and its water is recognised as being in the second class of cleanness.
The lake's sports centres are situated in the
• Excursion House at Tumska street 12, tel. 0-56 / 675 45 83 and at